At Lohen we have a certain passion about providing specialist performance, tuning and motorsport services and products to the New MINI community.
As a small and growing Company we already offer a surprisingly wide range of careers -
- Vehicle Technician
- Specialist tuning
- Product development
- Race support team
At Lohen we invest in building the professional skills and abilities of everyone in the Team.
Because we are a small and growing Company there is real potential to build your career with Lohen. The current team tells the story –
- A Work Experience placement who is now an Apprentice and well on the way to becoming a professionally qualified Vehicle Technician
- A Vehicle Technician promoted to Team Leader supervising the Workshop and Race Team operations
- A direct entrant school-leaver who is now at the heart of the Sales Team
- An internal appointment to the new role of Head of Marketing
Our investment in build your career with Lohen is real. It is why -
- We are proud to be a Recognised Employer as part of the Institute of the Motor Industry (IMI) professional accreditation scheme
- We support a wide range of student placements as part of our partnership with local Schools and Academies, and specialist College and University departments
- Lohen has a dedicated Training Budget
- Every employee has a professional development plan that is regularly reviewed with their Manager
- A very high proportion of the Team are building their professional qualifications and skills
We believe these things matter. We believe they make a difference – for each member of the Lohen Team and for our customers.
The Lohen Team has some other things in common. We’ve already mentioned a certain passion about what we do. There are a couple of other things as well –
We are focussed on our customers, including the fantastic enthusiasm that comes our way from the New MINI community
We apply the highest possible standards to every aspect of our work
We are always striving to become better
If you are also excited by the opportunity to build your career with Lohen we look forward to hearing from you.
Jobs at Lohen - March 2017 - Senior Workshop Technician
- Eccleshall, Staffordshire
- Permanent, Full Time
- £23,000 - £25,000 per annum
Lohen is an independent New MINI specialist offering parts fitting services and high-end performance parts sales. Building on over 12 years of success and continuing growth, we are looking to recruit a fully-qualified Senior Technician.
The candidate will act as a Team Leader overseeing the operation of the workshop and reporting directly to the Workshop Manager. The ideal candidate would be conscientious, hard working, a natural leader and a keen team player.
You must have at least Level 3 City & Guilds (or equivalent) qualifications and have at least 5-7 years of post-apprenticeship working experience. You will be expected to work to a high level of standard in a modern well-equipped workshop and provide technical assistance and advice, when required, to a team of technicians and liaise with the sales/service team.
Working for the market leader and as part of a friendly, ambitious and professional team you will be expected to be confident in fulfilling general mechanics duties as well as the following tasks:
- Fitting and maintenance of upgrade components, modifications and related parts
- Engine strip and rebuilds to high performance level
- Transmission overhaul
- Clutch replacements
- Suspension set up and service
- ECU fault diagnosis
- Diagnostic work using special machines and fault finders
- Electrical fault diagnosis and repairs
- Basic fabrication
- Brake overhaul and upgrades
- Completion of job sheets and all necessary paperwork
- Customer relations and assisting the service advice team
- Workshop Controller and Quality Control duties before vehicle hand over
- Significant and wide-ranging 'time-served’ experience as a Technician
- A good depth of vehicle knowledge
- Ability and experience to provide high quality customer service on a consistent basis
- Professional standards of presentation and a tidy working approach
- A confident, self-motivated and outgoing professional personality
- The ability to work as part of a team and also independently
- Adaptable, flexible, and a 'can-do’ attitude to overcome challenges
- Self-motivating and able to use initiative in combination with common sense and the versatility to enjoy an ambitious and dynamic specialist environment